Jan 25 2019
There’s a huge FA Cup tie this Friday as Arsenal host Man United, with both sides looking to win silverware as well as chase down 4th in the league.
The visitors have won seven games in a row. If you think they can make it eight, then Betfair’s fantastic enhanced odds offer could be for you: BACK UNITED AT 50/1 TO BEAT ARSENAL!
Betfair 50/1 Offer: 50/1 Man United to beat Arsenal, 25th January 2019
- New Betfair Sportsbook customers only (aged 18 and over, resident in UK or ROI)
- Open account after clicking through a link on this page
- Register with 50/1 offer code ZFBDUP
- Bet £1 on United to beat Arsenal
- 50/1 is found under special new customer market
- Only applies to the FA Cup match on 25th January 2019
- All winnings are paid as free bets
- Free bets are valid for 1 week and the stake is NOT returned with winnings
- Offer applies to Betfair Sportsbook only
- £100 Betfair free bet bundle included with offer
- Visit Betfair Sportsbook for full terms of promo
£100 Free Bet Bundle
The standard welcome promotion in the Betfair Sportsbook is £100 of free bets. This takes the form of 5 x £20 freebies. However, if you claim the 50/1 offer, you get the huge price boost AND the £100 bundle!
- Claim 50/1 offer
- Then place five cash bets in the Sportsbook on five different selections
- Each bet must be £10 at least and odds of 1/2 or higher
- Receive a £20 stake not returned free bet
- Repeat the process to claim full £100
- You have 30 days to claim all five free bets
- Full Ts and Cs at Betfair Sportsbook
£100 Bundle Key Points – New customer offer. Place 5 x £10 or more bets to receive £20 in free bets. Repeat up to 5 times to receive maximum £100 bonus. Minimum odds 1/2 (1.5 in decimal odds). Exchange bets excluded. Terms and conditions apply, 18+.
Arsenal v Man Utd Preview, Betting Tips and OddsThe FA Cup has been one of the few bright spots for Arsenal fans in recent seasons and with cup expert Unai Emery in the dugout more success may well follow. They may have to wait a year for that success though as a transformed Man Utd visit the Emirates in the fourth round.
- Man Utd to win – at 50/1 with Betfair
- Second half to have most goals – at evens with Coral
Arsenal v Man Utd Team News
Hector Bellerin has been ruled out for the season so Unai Emery may use Ainsley Maitland-Niles as an attacking full back whilst Henrikh Mkhitaryan is still recovering from a fractured metatarsal so won’t be playing against his former employers.
One man who may feature against his old club is Alexis Sanchez who has recovered from a hamstring injury and could even start for Man Utd on his old stomping ground. Chris Smalling and Luke Shaw are doubts but Marcos Rojo and Marouane Fellaini have both been ruled out.
Odds and Preview
Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has turned Man Utd from a laughing stock to one of the most in form teams in the country in a very short period of time. The fans and players are finally pulling in the right direction which has no doubt helped the wins to keep coming.
United’s upturn in form has not been missed by Arsenal fans who will be understandably nervous about Friday night’s match. The odds show that the home side are the narrow favourites at a best price of 8/5 with Betfred but Man Utd clearly offer a threat at a general 7/4.
The attacking intent regularly shown by both teams and the problems that they’ve each had in defence at times this season suggests that this could be a thrilling FA Cup tie under the lights. Over 2.5 goals is odds on across the board with Coral’s 8/15 the best price you’ll find whilst both teams to score looks a near certainty at 4/9 with bet365.
The best way to profit on goals, however, may be by backing late drama and taking the evens that Coral are quoting on the second half having more goals than the first.
Tempting options in the first goalscorer market include Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang at 4/1 with Ladbrokes and Anthony Martial at 13/2 with 888Sport whilst Jesse Lingard is capable of scoring anytime at 12/5 with Betfair.
Head to Head RecordThe history of this fixture includes several classic encounters and even most recent matches have yielded goals. This is the first time that these two rivals have met in the FA Cup though since March 2015 when Man Utd won their sixth round clash at Old Trafford.
- Man Utd 2-2 Arsenal – Dec 2018, Premier League
- Man Utd 2-1 Arsenal – Apr 2018, Premier League
- Arsenal 1-3 Man Utd – Dec 2017, Premier League
- Arsenal 2-0 Man Utd – May 2017, Premier League
- Man Utd 1-2 Arsenal – Nov 2016, Premier League