Jan 17 2019
There’s a big London derby in the Premier League this weekend as Arsenal host Chelsea with both sides chasing a Champions League place. Chelsea are currently in fourth with Arsenal in fifth, so this could be close.
If you think the home side can get the win, then Betfair’s fantastic enhanced odds offer could be for you: BACK ARSENAL AT 50/1 TO BEAT CHELSEA!
Betfair 50/1 Offer: 50/1 Arsenal to beat Chelsea (19th Jan 2019)
- New Betfair Sportsbook customers only (aged 18 and over, resident in UK or ROI)
- Open account after clicking through a link on this page
- Bet £1 on Arsenal to beat Chelsea
- 50/1 is found under special new customer market
- Only applies to the Premier League match on 19th January 2019
- All winnings are paid as free bets
- Free bets are valid for 1 week and the stake is NOT returned with winnings
- Offer applies to Betfair Sportsbook only
- £100 Betfair free bet bundle included with offer
- Visit Betfair Sportsbook for full terms of promo
£100 Free Bet Bundle
The standard welcome promotion in the Betfair Sportsbook is £100 of free bets. This takes the form of 5 x £20 freebies. However, if you claim the 50/1 offer, you get the huge price boost AND the £100 bundle!
- Claim 50/1 offer
- Then place five cash bets in the Sportsbook on five different selections
- Each bet must be £10 at least and odds of 1/2 or higher
- Receive a £20 stake not returned free bet
- Repeat the process to claim full £100
- You have 30 days to claim all five free bets
- Full Ts and Cs at Betfair Sportsbook
£100 Bundle Key Points – New customer offer. Place 5 x £10 or more bets to receive £20 in free bets. Repeat up to 5 times to receive maximum £100 bonus. Minimum odds 1/2 (1.5 in decimal odds). Exchange bets excluded. Terms and conditions apply, 18+.
Arsenal v Chelsea Tips and Preview, Premier League, Saturday 19th January 2019, Emirates Stadium, Kick off: 5:30pm
Arsenal v Chelsea PreviewThe race for the Champions League comes to a head on Saturday, as Chelsea visit the Emirates. Arsenal fell six points shy of the top four after their defeat last weekend, while Manchester United moved into contention with their victory over Tottenham. That’s opening up a four way battle for the top four, so fourth placed Chelsea are under pressure in this weekend’s big Premier League clash.
Top Betting Tip
- Under 2.5 Goals – at 5/4 with Betfair
Relevant Stats, Injuries and SuspensionsLast weekend saw Cesc Fabregas depart Chelsea, so he isn’t around to face his former side on Saturday. However, Arsenal goalkeeper Petr Cech could feature in this one, days after he announced that he’s going to retire at the end of the campaign. After a glittering career at the Emirates and Stamford Bridge, this will be an emotional clash for him if he features. The Blues have a bit of an issue with Fabregas gone, as Ruben Loftus-Cheek is sidelined for this one. That leaves them picking between four options in the middle of the park, as Matteo Kovacic and Ross Barkley fight for the third slot in midfield. Aside from that, the visitors shouldn’t see any major changes from their usual side for this weekend’s big clash.
Arsenal v Chelsea TipsChelsea make this trip as favourites, priced at 13/10 with Ladbrokes. Arsenal are 15/8 with Coral for a home win, while the draw sits out at 27/10 with BetVictor. We don’t see the match being quite as open as the bookies do, especially with Arsenal looking solid at home this term. They’ve lost just once at home all term, while they’ve conceded 69% of their goals this season on the road. Chelsea have been a tough nut to crack on the road, keeping a clean sheet in 50% of their trips. They should hold off Arsenal for the most part, especially as they look to protect a six-point lead here. We see this clash being really close, and we struggle to see it opening up like the meeting at Stamford Bridge this season. The draw here is tempting at 27/10 with BetVictor, but we feel like the best bet on this one is under 2.5 goals to be scored at 5/4 with Betfair.
Head to Head RecordMeetings between these two have been close of late. The Blues have won just once, which came in the last league clash. Antonio Conte failed to win a game against Arsene Wenger across five meetings last term, but with new bosses at each club we’re seeing a new rivalry bloom.
- Chelsea 3-2 Arsenal – August 2018, Premier League
- Arsenal 2-1 Chelsea – January 2018, Carabao Cup
- Chelsea 0-0 Arsenal – January 2018, Carabao Cup
- Arsenal 2-2 Chelsea – January 2018, Premier League
- Arsenal 0-0 Chelsea – September 2017, Premier League