Oct 10 2018
Gareth Southgate’s England face their World Cup semi-final vanquishers on Friday in the Nations League. With both sides having lost to Spain in Group A4, both managers will be keen to get victory here. If you think the Three Lions will get revenge for their World Cup defeat to the Croatia, check out Betfair Sportsbook’s offer of 50/1 for England to beat Croatia!
This is a brilliant promo and a great way to liven up what should already be a very intense game of football . Odds of 50/1 on England would be amazing by itself, but Betfair also include their £100 free bet bundle.
Betfair had several 50/1 England offers during the World Cup but these sometimes got reduced to 40/1 and then eventually withdrawn entirely. The moral of this story is that if you like the sound of England to win at 50/1, don’t delay! Head to Betfair today.
50/1 England Offer Key Points – New Customers can get England at an enhanced 50/1 to beat Croatia. Max Stake £1. Winnings paid in free bets, valid for 7 days, only deposits with cards/Paypal count. Exchange and multiple bets excluded. T&C’s Apply. 18+|Gamble Aware.
Betfair 50/1 Offer: 50/1 England to beat Croatia
- New Betfair Sportsbook customers only (aged 18 and over, resident in UK or ROI)
- Open account with 50/1 code ZFBDSC
- Bet £1 on England to beat Croatia
- Market is “Match Odds” at enhanced price
- Only applies to the specified game
- All winnings are free bets
- Free bets are valid for 1 week and the stake is NOT returned with winnings
- Offer applies to Betfair Sportsbook only
- £100 Betfair free bet bundle included with offer
- Visit Betfair Sportsbook for full terms of promo
£100 Free Bet Bundle
The standard welcome promotion in the Betfair Sportsbook is £100 of free bets. This takes the form of 5 x £20 freebies. However, if you claim the 50/1 offer, you get the huge price boost AND the £100 bundle!
- Claim 50/1 offer
- Then place five cash bets in the Sportsbook on five different selections
- Each bet must be £10 at least and odds of 1/2 or higher
- Receive a £20 stake not returned free bet
- Repeat the process to claim full £100
- You have 30 days to claim all five free bets
- Full Ts and Cs at Betfair Sportsbook
£100 Bundle Key Points – New customer offer. Place 5 x £10 or more bets to receive £20 in free bets. Repeat up to 5 times to receive maximum £100 bonus. Minimum odds 1/2 (1.5 in decimal odds). Exchange bets excluded. Terms and conditions apply, 18+.
Croatia v England Preview, UEFA Nations League, Friday 12th October 2018, Stadion HNK Rijeka, Kick off: 7:45pm
England come face to face with Croatia just three months on from their World Cup heartbreak. When these two met in the semi-finals of Russia 2018, it looked like the Three Lions were on for a spot in the final. However, it was Croatia who ultimately triumphed, and they went on to finish as runners-up to France. Can Gareth Southgate’s side claim three crucial Nations League points, and gain revenge over the Croatians?
Top Betting Tip
- Both Teams to Score – at 19/20 with Ladbrokes
Relevant Stats, Injuries and Suspensions
England have recalled Ross Barkley ahead of this clash, with the midfielder impressing in the middle for Chelsea of late. He’s part of the changes Gareth Southgate has made for this month’s Nations League double header. Lewis Dunk, Nathaniel Chalobah and Jadon Sancho are all in in line for debuts after getting called up, but Southgate may need to stick with more experienced heads for a tough visit to Rijeka.
The hosts have left out Nikola Kalinic, after he was sent home in disgrace from the World Cup. The Atletico Madrid forward refused to come off the bench in Russia, and he missed all of their run to the final. His banishment continues into the Nations League campaign. Chelsea midfielder Mateo Kovacic and Liverpool’s Dejan Lovren are the only Premier League representatives in the Croatian panel.
Croatia v England Tips
Croatia are the slight favourites for this encounter, coming into this one priced at 13/8 with Betfair. The Three Lions can be found at 17/10 with Coral to win here, with the two sides looking evenly matched. The manner of Croatia’s 6-0 hammering against Spain has certainly set them back, and it’s hard to see them keeping a clean sheet in this clash with an attack-minded England side.
The visitors have more than enough pace and talent going forward to cause problems here. However, their key issue is how they struggled to keep Croatia at bay in their semi-final clash. We see them struggling again against Croatia’s big game players, and we think the hosts will find the back of the net in Rijeka this week. Our tip for Friday’s clash is to back both teams to score again, which looks like great value at 19/20 with Ladbrokes.
Croatia Recent Results
- Spain 6-0 Croatia – Sept 2018, UEFA Nations League
- Portugal 1-1 Croatia – Sept 2018, Friendly
- France 4-2 Croatia – July 2018, World Cup
- Croatia 2-1 England – July 2018, World Cup
- Russia 2-2 Croatia – July 2018, World Cup
England Recent Results
- England 1-0 Switzerland – Sept 2018, Friendly
- England 1-2 Spain – Sept 2018, UEFA Nations League
- Belgium 2-0 England – July 2018, World Cup
- Croatia 2-1 England – July 2018, World Cup
- Sweden 0-2 England – July 2018, World Cup