Jun 14 2018
Germany play Mexico and our match preview has everything you need to enjoy the game. We’ve got tips, analysis and team news but before you check that out, take a look at the great offers below! We’ve also got loads of other World Cup promotions too!
888sport Enhanced Odds Offer: Germany 6/1 or Mexico 50/1!
888sport’s enhanced odds offers allow a bigger stake than many rivals. New customers can claim the huge boosted prices with a stake of £5 instead of £1 which is common at other bookies.
The promo is for new customers only and you must be aged at least 18. The full terms and conditions are shown at 888sport but below are the key facts:
- New customers only
- £10 minimum deposit required
- Deposit with enhanced odds code 888ODDS
- Qualifying bet must be placed at the normal odds
- Choose from Germany at 6/1 or Mexico at 50/1
- Minimum bet £5, maximum bet £5
- Get cash based on standard odds and your £5 stake
- Extra winnings paid in FREE BETS and added within 72 hrs of qualifying bet settlement.
- Free bet stakes not included in bet returns
- Free bets expire 7 days after credit
- This offer may not be combined with any other offer
So, if you fancy getting Germany at 6/1 or Mexico at 50/1, join 888sport. The best normal odds on the teams are 1/2 and 7/1 at Coral and Betfair respectively. That shows the huge value on offer here so head to 888 now and get stuck in.
Germany v Mexico Preview, World Cup Group F, Sunday 17th June 2018, Luzhniki Stadium, Kick off: 4pm
Germany start off in Russia as one of the favourites for the trophy, and they know that only too well. The world champions aren’t just hoping for another decent stay at the tournament, they’re expecting to be involved in the final in Moscow next month. However, that’s quite a while away, ahead of their opening game of the tournament on Sunday afternoon. Can they see off Mexico, or will the holders be shocked?
Top Betting Tip
- Germany & BTTS – at 5/2 with BetVictor
Relevant Stats, Injuries and Suspensions
It won’t worry the confident Germans, but three of the last four holders of the World Cup have been eliminated at the first hurdle in their defence. The Germans have been essentially handed a failure-preventing group, meeting a limited Sweden and an out of form South Korea side. On top of that, they’re odds on to beat their biggest group rivals – priced at 1/2 to beat Mexico on Sunday. Will the Germans live up to that price?
Their main concern has to be their issues at the back, sparked by injury concerns over Manuel Neuer. The Bayern man has had a difficult season, and his return to the national side has come with some difficulties. The world champions have struggled against Austria and Saudi Arabia, so we could see some problems for the holders.
Germany v Mexico Tips
We wouldn’t go as far as to back against Germany, as they’ve got that winning mentality at this tournament which can get them over the line. They’ve won 12 of their last 15 World Cup games, and we expect the Germans to pick up another victory on Sunday, but they won’t have it all their own way. Mexico are experienced at this level, reaching the last 16 in their previous six tournaments. We think they’ll have more than enough to trouble a shaky German defence, and we’re going with the Mexicans to score in this clash.
We think the best value on this game is to back Germany to win and both teams to score, which is priced at 5/2 with BetVictor. Their strong record at this tournament should see them through, despite defensive issues. On top of that, we like the look of Thomas Muller to score the opening goal on Sunday, which can be backed at 4/1 with Ladbrokes.
Germany Recent Results
- Germany 2-1 Saudi Arabia – 8th June, Friendly
- Austria 2-1 Germany – 2nd June, Friendly
- Germany 0-1 Brazil – 27th March, Friendly
- Germany 1-1 Spain – 23rd March, Friendly
- Germany 2-2 France – 14th November, Friendly
Mexico Recent Results
- Denmark 2-0 Mexico – 9th June, Friendly
- Mexico 1-0 Scotland – 3rd June, Friendly
- Mexico 0-0 Wales – 29th May, Friendly
- Mexico 0-1 Croatia – 28th March, Friendly
- Mexico 3-0 Iceland – 24th March, Friendly