Jun 13 2018
Russia v Saudi Arabia Offers, Preview, World Cup Group A, Thursday 14th June 2018, Luzhniki Stadium, Kick off: 4pm
The wait is finally over, as the 2018 World Cup gets under way on Thursday. The first clash up isn’t a heavyweight encounter – or even a middleweight one. However, the month-long feast of football starts with the two weakest defences in Group A going head to head, so let’s hope for an open, attacking game in Moscow to get things started with a bang.
Russia v Saudi Arabia Offers
You can check out the best World Cup betting offers and free bets at our dedicated page or take your pick of any of the following:
- PADDY POWER 100/1 ENHANCED ODDS ON RUSSIA TO BEAT SAUDI ARABIA – New Customers can get Russia at an enhanced 100/1 to beat Saudi Arabia. Max Stake £1. Winnings paid in free bets, valid for 7 days, only deposits with cards/Paypal count. Exchange and multiple bets excluded. T&C’s Apply. 18+|Gamble Aware.
- William Hill World Cup Winner Offer – Back a team to win the World Cup (£10+) and William Hill will give you a £5 free bet every time your team wins a World Cup game in 90 mins – CLAIM NOW
- William Hill Top Goalscorer Offer – Back a player to be the top scorer at the World Cup (£10+) and William Hill will credit you with a £5 free bet every time your player scores at the World Cup – CLAIM NOW
- Coral £1 Million World Cup Competition – Be in with a chance of winning a cool £1,000,000 when you join Coral and correctly answer 10 questions about the World Cup – 18+. UK+IRE Online & Mobile Coral customers only, T&Cs apply.
- BetVictor Million Pound Bet World Cup Competition – Fancy winning a million quid by betting on the World Cup? Bet £1.00 on the World Cup and be in with a chance of landing the top prize of £1,000,000 – Place a £1+ Qualifying Bet on World Cup 2018; Winning Qualifying Bet with biggest odds wins £1M prize (shared if 1+ winners). Opt Out: help@BetVictor.com; Min. deposit £5; for full T&Cs See below. 18+ begambleaware.org Please Gamble Responsibly
Russia v Saudi Arabia Preview
Top Betting Tip
- Saudi Arabia Double Chance – at 15/8 with Betfair
Relevant Stats, Injuries and Suspensions
These two sides head full of hope in to their opening clash, and there’s going to be plenty of expectation on the hosts. The pair have fully fit squads, although neither of them can boast a huge amount of talent in top European leagues. The Saudi Arabians sent nine players on loan to La Liga to gain experience, and they found out what Spanish benches were like. With 19 minutes of competitive football between them, it was a bit of a waste of time for everyone involved.
The hosts had hired manager Stanislav Cherchesov with the aim of making the semi-finals, but Russia head in to this game in dismal form. They’re struggling to settle on an 11 for the summer, and that’s on the eve of the tournament. Just how they’re going to fare against the likes of Mo Salah, Edinson Cavani and Luis Suarez is worrying.
Russia v Saudi Arabia Tips
Russia are currently on a seven game run without a victory, yet they can be found at 4/9 with Coral for the victory. The record of home sides at World Cups has boosted Russia’s odds, but few sides are as poor ahead of their own tournament as the Russians. We expect that to be quite clear in the aftermath of the opening game.
Juan Antonio Pizzi has made Saudi Arabia a lot more adventurous, and we could see them causing a shock on Thursday. They’ve ran both Italy and Germany close of late, while Russia have managed to win four friendlies since Euro 2016. We can see a result for the outsiders, and they’re massively priced at 15/8 with Betfair on the double chance market. As far as a correct score goes, we think a 1-1 draw at 15/2 with BetVictor looks tempting, as neither are blessed with a lot of firepower in attack.
Russia Recent Results
- Russia 1-1 Turkey – 5th June, Friendly
- Austria 1-0 Russia – 30th May, Friendly
- Russia 1-3 France – 27th May, Friendly
- Russia 0-3 Brazil – 23rd March, Friendly
- Russia 3-3 Spain – 14th November, Friendly
Saudi Arabia Recent Results
- Germany 2-1 Saudi Arabia – 8th June, Friendly
- Saudi Arabia 0-3 Peru – 3rd June, Friendly
- Italy 2-1 Saudi Arabia – 28th May, Friendly
- Saudi Arabia 2-0 Greece – 15th May, Friendly
- Saudi Arabia 2-0 Algeria – 9th May, Friendly