Apr 11 2018
Grand National Betting Offers, Bonuses and Promotions, 14th April 2018
The Grand National is probably the most famous horse race in the world and with the winner scooping more than half a million pounds it’s also one of the richest! First run in 1839 it has been held every year since then at Liverpool’s Aintree Racecourse, the only breaks being for the two World Wars.
It is a race like no other. At almost four and a half miles in length and with 30 obstacles to jump it is a test of stamina, bravery and jumping ability and any horses and jockeys who complete the race, let alone win or manage a place, can consider themselves to have achieved a great deal.
The Grand National is also a betting occasion like no other. It is, for many, the one time in the year when they will have a bet on horse racing, or even a bet at all. Whether through an office sweepstake or a trip to the bookies or, increasingly, by placing bets online or by mobile, this is the race that captures the nation’s imagination.
Watched by around 600 million people in almost 150 different countries the spectacle of the Grand National is not to be missed and we’ve got all the latest and best mobile and online betting offers to give you that bit of extra value for your bets on this year’s National.
We’ll be updating this article regularly with the latest offers as the bookies release them so be sure to pop back from time to time for all the best Grand National betting offers in one convenient place. Also check out the latest Grand National 2018 Betting Tips!
Grand National 2018 Free Bets and Betting Offers
- Coral – Bet £5, Get £5 Free Bet – 18+. UK+IRE only. Min deposit £5. Certain payment methods and cashout excluded. Min first bet £5. Min odds 1/2 (1.5). Must be placed within 14 days of account reg. Free bet credited upon placement of qualifying bet, valid for 24 hours. Free bet stake not returned. T&Cs Apply. This Sports Promotion is available from 23:59 Thursday 12/04/18 until 18:30 Saturday 14/04/18
- SportNation – Bet £10, Get £10 in Bonus Funds – Register with SportNation adding your deposit code SNGN10 where prompted to do so on first deposit. Your first deposit must be £10. On successfully making your first deposit, you will receive a £10 bonus. Place a series of bets at minimum odds of 1.6 with a minimum stake equal to the combined value of 2x your deposit amount and bonus funds received and once such bets have settled, any bonus funds and winnings remaining will become withdrawal.
- RaceBets 50/1 on Blaklion to win Grand National – New customer offer. £/€1 max bet. Enter bonus code: BLAKLION50 before first bet. Enhanced winnings paid as bonus cash within 2 hours 3x wagering required at odds of 1.5+. UK/Irish customers only. Valid until 14/04 17:15pm BST T&C’s Apply, 18+, Begambleaware.org.
- More offers coming soon…
Types of Grand National Betting Offer
The bookies generally come up with a few different types of betting offer for the Grand National and here we look at the most common and explain how they work.
- Refund on Faller – Some online and mobile bookmakers will offer a refund on losing stakes if your horse is a faller, which often also covers various other possibilities such as unseating the rider. In a race where so many horses fall this is a great offer and the refund usually takes the form of a free bet.
- Enhanced Each Way Terms – Another very common offer is enhanced each way terms, with almost all bookmakers offering this. Standard terms would pay a place for a top four finishes but most offer each way to five places, some to six and even down to seventh place has been known. This makes a huge difference to your chances of winning.
- Non-Runner No Bet – Non-Runner No Bet applies to ante-post bets and means that if your horse doesn’t run you will either get your stake back as a straight refund or at the worst as a free bet (Non-Runner Free Bet). This offer allows you to try and grab the early ante-post value without fear of losing out.
- Best Odds Guaranteed – Best Odds guaranteed is another betting offer that allows you to try and get some value without the downside if things go wrong. If you place a bet on the morning of the race and take the price, a Best Odds Guaranteed bookmaker will pay you out at whichever odds are higher, the odds you took or the starting price (the SP, that is to say the odds when the National starts).
No Free Bets for the National?
A lot of bookmakers withdraw their free bet offers in the build up to the Grand National or even on the day itself. This is because many people who open accounts just for the Grand National are deemed unlikely to be regular punters because the National attracts a lot of “casual” bettors and one-off gamblers.
To make sure you don’t miss out the best option is to open your account with the bookies about a week before the National itself. This way you can place your qualifying bet and claim your free bet and then save it to use on the Grand National itself, whilst also gaining access to all the other great betting offers the bookies are sure to have for the big race.
Just make sure you check the bookies’ terms to ensure that a) your free bet can be used on the Grand National and b) your free bet doesn’t expire before the race (most are valid for at least seven days once granted). The most common betting offers for the Grand National are refunds on fallers, non-runner no bet and enhanced each way terms and we give the lowdown on all of those great betting offers in the box opposite, as well as Best Odds Guaranteed, meaning you never lose out if your winner drifts in the betting.
Take a look at the Coral 25/1 Offer: 25/1 Man City to Beat Lyon…
Check out the 33/1 Golovkin Betfair Offer GGG Beating Alvarez this weekend …
Take a look at the enhanced odds 50/1 Betfair Offer – Liverpool 50/1 to Beat Tottenham with Betfair Promo!
Check out Coral’s 33/1 Offer for Spurs’ game with Liverpool in the Premier League this weekend…